Saturday, November 1, 2008

Embroidery

I've been experimenting with the art of embroidery. I guess it started with my grandmother teaching me to hand sew and mend-first pull about an arms length of thread off the spool make a knot or three stitches together to hold the thread in place, then you are ready to go.
I remember as a teenager sewing random patches and then buttons and cleverly disguising holes with decorative stitches and ribbons.
In the last year or so I've started collecting hoops and 'painting' with thread. Here are some examples.

6 comments:

The Welker Family said...

You are so talented! I wish that I loved by you so you could teach me some of your skills.

Emily said...

I am amazed by these! That's really a wonderful talent.

artsy ann said...

thanks guys, it's fun to do

Anonymous said...

Ann you are so cool embroidery makes me crazy when I try it. Is that robot your design?

artsy ann said...

Derek designed the Robot, he has the magnets on etsy, you can see the whole collection at
magneticpersonality.etsy.com

Please try embroidery, it's fun!

Sandra said...

Love your hoops! I've done very little embroidery (besides the cross stitch) but you're right, it's so much fun! And the possiblilities are endless.